Tools are always essential for any task to be it for a DIY project or a gardening project. To be precise, if you own a garden, you need the best tools at your disposal to overcome any maintenance issue. So, in this article, we are going to talk about the five essential tools that you can have for your lovely garden. Let’s have a peek at the article.
- The Garden Fork: The first tool on our list is the garden fork, which is really a work of art. However, it is also the most effective and functional tool for any garden. In fact, a garden fork can be much more effective than a spade for loosening and lift the soil. It makes easier for you to bypass the stones and roots underneath the soil. Typically, you will find that forks come in stainless or carbon steel, meaning that they are robust and resistant to rust.
- The Garden Spade: A garden spade is a trustworthy tool for all garden owners like to keep it in their armory. With a garden spade, you can do a lot of things including digging or shoveling the debris away. Keep in mind the garden spade is essential for double digging as well because you can loosen the soil deep with it.
- The Garden Hoe: A garden hoe is an important tool to deal with the weeds. With a garden hoe, you can work through the soil and cut out the weeds below the surface in between a crop. Since the cutting action is a vital component of a garden hoe, you need to keep the front edge of the hoe sharpened always.
- The Secateurs: The secateurs are an ideal tool for gardeners and they come in three different types.
- The bypass: The bypass secateurs can work along with the same line as a pair of scissors while the blades sliding by each other.
- The Anvil: The anvil type secateur is another type in which the blade comes down against a fixed anvil.
- The parrot-beak type: This type of secateur is similar to that of a bypass secateurs. However, the blades of this tool have a different curve like when you closed them, they will look like a parrot’s beak.
- The Garden Rake: The last tool on our list the garden rake, which is considered to be an asset for all garden owners. There are two basic types of a garden rake. The first one is the lawn rake, which comes with long springy tines, having a fan shape. It is designed for raking in leaves off from the grass and they can remove cut grass from the lawns as well. Another type is the heavy-duty rake, which is much squarer and squatter with firm and short tines. This rake can loosen the surface soil and produce a fine tilth for the sowing procedure.
The bottom line is the above five garden tools are very significant to keep your garden in shape. So, let us know if we have missed on any other essential garden tools by commenting below.